A blocked toilet is no fun for anyone, especially if you live in a one-toilet household. It’s inconvenient, it might smell bad, and you’re probably dreading the thought of paying a plumber to come out and fix it. Fortunately, if you have a blocked toilet in Geelong, Your Local Plumbing & Drainage can fix the problem quickly and affordably, with fixed prices and a $0 call-out fee. Sounds pretty good, right? If you want to try and solve the issue yourself first before calling our friendly plumbers, here’s what you need to do when you realise the toilet is clogged.
Why Is My Toilet Blocked?
Before you try to clear the blocked sewerage pipe yourself, you should probably look at the reason why your toilet might be clogged. Here are a few of the usual suspects.
- Foreign objects. Sanitary products and wipes are the primary cause of blocked sewerage, as people will try to flush them rather than putting them in the bin. However, if you have small children, you may find that other strange objects will find their way into the plumbing. Kids are fascinated by the concept of a flushing toilet.
- Blocked drains. If you have a clog further down the drain, you’ll know about it in your toilet. You can usually tell if there’s a block based on where the water level sits. It shouldn’t be sitting too high or too low.
- Older toilets. The low-flush toilets of the early 1990s were designed to save water. However, when people use too much toilet paper, they get clogged very easily, so you have to be mindful when you’re using older toilets. If you’re interested in a new toilet model, Emergency plumber geelong can help with the installation.
The Do’s And Don’ts Of Clearing A Blocked Toilet
If you’re attempting to fix the situation yourself before calling a blocked toilet plumber, here are a few dos and don’ts of unblocking a toilet.
- DO: Try using baking soda and vinegar.
Pour one cup of baking soda and two cups of vinegar into the toilet and leave it to fizzle for about half an hour. Then, flush boiling water down the toilet to remove the blockage.
- DON’T: Use too much draino.
It seems like an easy fix, but draino is terrible for the environment and your toilet plumbing. Its caustic properties can wreak havoc on your pipes and the porcelain of your toilet, so use it sparingly.
- DO: Try dish soap.Pour ¼ cup of dish soap into the toilet and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then, pour hot water in and let it sit for a little while. The soap should lubricate the pipes and remove the blockage.
- DON’T: Improvise a plumber’s snake.
A wire coat hanger is not the same as a plumber’s snake, and using it to try and unclog the toilet could damage the plumbing.
- DO: Try plunging the blockage.
If the blockage is solid, some strong plunging should do the trick to unclog the pipes. You’ll need to put in some elbow grease though!
- DON’T: Keeping trying if nothing works.
If you’re trying a range of blocked toilet solutions and nothing is working, don’t keep going. You might damage the plumbing or toilet. Save yourself the time and stress and give Your Local Plumbing & Drainage a call, and we’ll take care of it for you.
Why Choose Your Local Plumbing & Drainage?
If you have a blocked toilet in Geelong, give Your Local Plumbing & Drainage a call. There’s a reason why more people choose us.
- You can rely on us. At Your Local Plumbing & Drainage, we’re committed to providing a punctual service to each of our customers. You can depend on us to turn up on time and get the job done.
- You can contact us for emergencies 24/7. No one understands emergencies quite like the Your Local Plumbing & Drainage team. We know that when the worst happens, it doesn’t usually wait until 9 am on a weekday. That’s why we offer a fast 24/7 emergency plumbing service.
- No nasty surprises. At Your Local Plumbing & Drainage, we’re committed to honesty and transparency. That’s why we provide a $0 call-out fee and a fixed price quote before any work is done. We want you to have confidence that the price you agree to is the final price, with no hidden costs or surprises.
- Our customers love us. Our reviews speak for themselves. We love opportunities to put our customers’ minds at ease and have a friendly chat. We believe that communication is the key to delivering excellent customer service, so we won’t keep you in the dark about your plumbing situation.
- We offer a wide range of professional services. From burst pipes and blocked drains to gas leaks and blocked toilet solutions, there isn’t much the team at Your Local Plumbing & Drainage can’t do. We’re proud to provide a professional service and high-quality results that comply with Australian standards every time.
When You Have A Blocked Toilet In Geelong, You Can Rely On Your Local Plumbing & Drainage
With over ten years of experience, 24/7 emergency plumbing services, and the friendliest service around, it’s no wonder Your Local Plumbing & Drainage are the first point of call for so many in the Melbourne area. We’re proud to say that we’re committed to honest and transparent communication, professionalism, and delivering speedy services when and where you need them. If you have a blocked toilet in Geelong, contact Your Local Plumbing & Drainage and get a plumber you can rely on.