Burst pipes are stressful, but they happen to most homeowners at least once in their lives. If left for too long, a burst pipe can potentially damage your home and possessions and depending on where the pipe is; it could damage your neighbour’s property too. While your first instinct may be to panic, the Your Local Plumbing & Drainage team are here to help you keep your cool and minimise the damage a burst pipe can cause.
What You Need To Do When You Recognise A Burst Pipe
When you see a burst pipe on your property, you’ll need to act fast to prevent too much damage and financial loss.
- Turn off the water. The very first thing you should do is turn off your water main if it’s safe to do so. Every minute water is gushing from your burst pipes; money is also washing down the drain, so cut it off at the source.
- Call your drain plumber. You’ll want to get the problem fixed as soon as possible so your home can have water again, so arrange to have an emergency Pipe Relining plumber come out immediately. If you’re looking for drainage plumbers in Melbourne with same-day service and a $0 call-out fee, Your Local Plumbing & Drainage are the people for you.
- Call your insurance provider. If the burst pipe has caused significant damage to your property and possessions, you might need to make an insurance claim. Give your provider a call and take plenty of photos, so you have extensive documentation of the damage. Make sure you don’t start cleaning beforehand, as this may void your policy.
- Start the cleanup. If you’ve made your claim or the damage is minimal, you can start removing the water and cleaning up the area. If you have any food products affected by the burst pipe, make sure to throw them out. After all, you don’t want to gamble with harmful bacteria. Put anything salvageable in the sun to dry it out.
- Open some doors and windows. If the burst pipe was inside your home, you’ll need to air out the rooms to prevent mould from growing in the damp areas. Aerate your home and try to let in as much sunlight as possible.
How To Avoid A Burst Pipe: Preventative Measures You Should Take
To prevent burst pipes altogether, there are a few things you can do to keep your plumbing in tip-top shape.
- Keep an eye out for the warning signs. Don’t ignore the red flags as they arise. If there’s a change in your water pressure, watermarks on the walls or ceilings, discoloured water coming from the faucet, strange noises in the pipes, or a sudden spike in your water bill, you need to call a drain plumbing specialist.
- Organise regular maintenance. If you arrange an annual drain inspection, your plumber will be able to pick up on any warning signs before catastrophe strikes.
- Consider drain relining. One of the best ways to keep your pipes from bursting is to make repairs early. Your Local Plumbing & Drainage can help you with drain relining in Melbourne, so you can sleep easy knowing your plumbing is in top shape.
Why Call Your Local Plumbing & Drainage For Burst Pipes
For burst pipes, you’ll need to call the experts. Your Local Plumbing & Drainage are amongst the best drainage plumbers in Melbourne.
- We offer a wide range of professional services. From burst pipes and blocked drains to gas leaks and drain fix solutions, there isn’t much the team at Your Local Plumbing & Drainage can’t do. We’re proud to provide a professional service and high-quality results that comply with Australian standards every time.
- You can contact us for emergencies 24/7. No one understands emergencies quite like the Your Local Plumbing & Drainage team. We know that when the worst happens, it doesn’t usually wait until 9 am on a weekday. That’s why we offer a fast 24/7 emergency plumbing service.
- No nasty surprises. At Your Local Plumbing & Drainage, we’re committed to honesty and transparency. That’s why we provide a $0 call-out fee and a fixed price quote before any work is done. We want you to have confidence that the price you agree to is the final price, with no hidden costs or surprises.
- Our customers love us. Our reviews speak for themselves. We love opportunities to put our customers’ minds at ease and have a friendly chat. We believe that communication is the key to delivering excellent customer service, so we won’t keep you in the dark about your plumbing situation.
- You can rely on us. At Your Local Plumbing & Drainage, we’re committed to providing a punctual service to each of our customers. You can depend on us to turn up on time and get the job done.
If You Have A Burst Pipe Emergency, You Can Rely On Your Local Plumbing & Drainage
With over ten years of experience, 24/7 emergency plumbing services, and the friendliest service around, it’s no wonder Your Local Plumbing & Drainage are the first point of call for so many in the Melbourne area. We’re proud to say that we’re committed to honest and transparent communication, professionalism, and delivering speedy services when and where you need them. If you have burst pipes, contact Your Local Plumbing & Drainage and get a plumber you can rely on.