If you’ve had a particularly long day, the perfect way to top it all off is a nice, hot shower. There’s nothing worse than standing there waiting for the water to heat up before realising it isn’t going to get any warmer. We can all fall into the trap of taking our hot water for granted, so when it fails, we generally want the problem solved as quickly as possible. Sometimes, the solution is as simple as relighting the pilot light, but sometimes you’ll need to replace your entire hot water system. For emergency hot water service in Geelong, there’s no one better in the business than Your Local Plumbing & Drainage. We’ve come up with a few signs that you might need to replace your hot water system before you’re caught out standing in the corner of the shower shivering.
4 Signs You Need To Replace Your Hot Water System
Before you lose your hot water entirely, your system will usually give you a few red flags that it’s time to get a new unit.
- Your hot water system is leaking. A leak is never good, but if it’s coming from your hot water system, it could be significantly reducing the amount of hot water you’d typically get, making your shower go cold a lot faster. Not only are leaks frustrating, but they also tend to be expensive. An unaddressed leak quickly adds up, so make sure you give the team at Your Local Plumbing & Drainage a call as soon as you notice it.
- Rust-coloured water. If you notice the water in the shower is coming out a reddish-brown colour, it could be a sign that you need to replace your hot water system in Melbourne. Fill a couple of buckets with cold water to ensure there’s no issue with your water supply. If the water runs clear, you can be confident that your hot water unit is the problem. Sometimes, older systems develop rust and sediment buildup that discolours the water, and it’s a sign that you need to replace your water heater.
- It’s an old unit. The average hot water system has a lifespan of around 8-15 years, depending on the brand, model, and whether it’s electric or gas. If you’re not sure how old your hot water unit is, give us a call, and we’ll give you an idea of when it’s time to replace your system.
- It’s making weird noises. If you hear rumbling or banging noises, that’s your hot water system’s way of saying it’s time for a new unit. The noises are usually indicators that the system is about to crack, creating a leak and requiring further hot water repairs in Melbourne.
Why Should You Leave Hot Water System Installation To The Professionals?
How water system installation requires specific tools, skills, and knowledge, and in the hands of an amateur, it can be a very dangerous job. You should always, always leave your hot water system repairs in Melbourne to Your Local Plumbing & Drainage.
- We know what we’re doing. With over ten years of experience in plumbing and gas services, we have the right tools and skills to do the job right. There’s no one better for hot water service repairs in Melbourne than the team at Your Local Plumbing & Drainage.
- You’ll have peace of mind. If you try to handle your own hot water system installation, you may void your unit’s warranty. When you leave it to the professionals, you can rest assured your warranty will cover you should anything go wrong.
- We’ll install it safely. We wish there were a gentler way to say this, but there isn’t; hot water systems can explode. During installation, it’s essential to relieve the pressure correctly. If you don’t, you’re putting yourself, your property, and the people around you at risk. The team at Your Local Plumbing & Drainage are the specialists at hot water service in Geelong, so we can make sure your system is installed safely and correctly.
- We’ll help you choose the right system. You may be wondering how to choose the right hot water unit for your home. When you have to consider energy efficiency, water capacity, venting, and fuel sources, it can be difficult to make the best decision for your household. The team at Your Local Plumbing & Drainage are here to give you advice and help you pick the right system for your home.
What Sets Your Local Plumbing & Drainage Apart?
When it comes to hot water service in Geelong, there are a few reasons why more people trust Your Local Plumbing & Drainage.
- No nasty surprises. At Your Local Plumbing & Drainage, we’re committed to honesty and transparency. That’s why we provide a $0 call-out fee and a fixed price quote before any work is done. We want you to have confidence that the price you agree to is the final price, with no hidden costs or surprises.
- We offer a wide range of professional services. From burst pipes and blocked drains to gas leaks and hot water system repairs in Melbourne, there isn’t much the team at Your Local Plumbing & Drainage can’t do. We’re proud to provide a professional service and high-quality results that comply with Australian standards every time.
- You can rely on us. At Your Local Plumbing & Drainage, we’re committed to providing a punctual service to each of our customers. You can depend on us to turn up on time and get the job done.
- You can contact us for emergencies 24/7. No one understands emergencies quite like the Your Local Plumbing & Drainage team. We know that when the worst happens, it doesn’t usually wait until 9 am on a weekday. That’s why we offer a fast 24/7 emergency plumbing service.
- Our customers love us. Our reviews speak for themselves. We love opportunities to put our customers’ minds at ease and have a friendly chat. We believe that communication is the key to delivering excellent customer service, so we won’t keep you in the dark about your plumbing situation.
If You Need A Hot Water Service In Geelong, Call Your Local Plumbing & Drainage
With over ten years of experience, 24/7 emergency plumbing services, and the friendliest service around, it’s no wonder Your Local Plumbing & Drainage are the first point of call for so many in the Melbourne area. We’re proud to say that we’re committed to honest and transparent communication, professionalism, and delivering speedy services when and where you need them. If you need a hot water service in Geelong, contact Your Local Plumbing & Drainage and get a plumber you can rely on.